Chicago-based R1 RCM, a provider of revenue cycle management and physician advisory services, named Gary Long executive vice president and chief commercial officer.
Here are five things to know about Mr. Long.
1. He has more than two decades of healthcare experience.
2. Prior to joining R1, Mr. Long served as senior vice president and chief sales officer at Premier, a Charlotte, N.C.-based healthcare improvement company.
3. During his tenure at Premier, the business went public and more than doubled its annual revenues while improving profitability, according to R1.
4. Mr. Long also previously was senior vice president of sales and support for Alpharetta, Ga.-based Surgical Information Systems.
5. In his new role, R1 said he will be responsible for the company's customer growth initiatives.
Originally published in Becker's CFO Report.